Fraser Riverkeeper is a non-profit registered Canadian charity dedicated to ensuring the natural right of all citizens to safely swim, drink and fish in BC waters. We are one of nine Waterkeeper organizations in Canada, and the only one in British Columbia.
Located in Vancouver, Fraser Riverkeeper was first incorporated in 2004 and officially launched in 2007 with the goal to ensure that our rivers, lakes, streams and beaches exist for generations to come as thriving ecosystems for both humans and wildlife. Since then our staff and volunteers have been hard at work standing up for the health of our waterways; educating and activating the community. Fraser Riverkeeper runs projects locally and provincially, as well as nationally with support from our fellow Canadian Waterkeepers as a member of the Swim Drink Fish community.
Executive & Events Assistant Job Description
Fraser Riverkeeper is currently seeking a part-time Executive and Events Assistant to help with summer event planning leading up to our major fundraising Gala this October. This is a 5-month contract beginning ASAP and continuing until October 21st, 2016.
- Providing leadership in assisting the Executive Director to plan large fundraising gala and other key summer events
- Helping to recruit and train volunteers for fundraising events
- Developing workback plans and event calendars for key fundraising events
- Scheduling and facilitating planning committee meetings and other appointments
- Managing all communications relating to events, including social media updates and providing responses to inquiries for event information
- Processing donations, as well as preparing and sending acknowledgement letters to donors and other correspondence
- Maintaining office files and donation records relating to events, including tax documents
- Updating and maintaining volunteer and donor databases
- Serving as a point of contact with external Event Planner
- Working with outside event vendors and Event Coordinator to update calendar/work back plan on a weekly basis.
- Assisting the Executive Director with donor relations and follow-up
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director as necessary, this includes drafting e-mail correspondence, scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, accessing online documents, etc.
- Post secondary degree or equivalent in the fields of Communications, Marketing, or Planning.
- Experience in planning fundraising events for charitable organizations
- Attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Flexibility to work both remotely and in-office
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
Each application must include 1 copy of the following documents:
- A cover letter that describes why you would make a great Executive & Events Assistant (Note: This is our favourite part of the application - we look for style, personality, spelling, grammar, and your perspective on the job description.)
- Your resumé
- Names and contact information for two references.
Please submit your application as soon as possible to:
Re: Executive & Events Assistant Position
The position runs from early June to October 21st, and applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
Sorry, but we can only respond to those candidates selected for an interview.
Fraser Riverkeeper is committed to having a skilled, diversified workforce reflective of the Vancouver community, and to the equitable representation of women, aboriginal peoples, and members of a visible minority group.
Hours: 18 hours/week. Must be available some evenings and weekends.
Start and End Date: June 1 - October 21, 2016
Location: Based in Vancouver with possible travel to other communities within the Lower Fraser Valley.