Starting on October 1st, 2015 everyone in the Fraser Valley who reports an incident of illegal dumping directly to the RAPP hotline will be entered to win a monthly prize.
At the Fraser Valley Illegal Dumping Alliance (FVIDA) we want to encourage community members to take an active role in protecting our environment by encouraging them to report illegal dumping directly to the RAPP hotline.
How does the reporting program work?
1. Safety first! We remind everyone to never approach someone who is dumping illegally or put yourself in any danger. By using the RAPP hotline to report, it ensures the information gets to the Conservation Officers in a timely fashion so they can deal with the dumpers. More details here.
2. Call the RAPP number at 1-877-952-7277 as soon as you see someone dumping illegally (add the number to your phone today so you have it ready when you need it!).
3. Try your best to provide as much descriptive information as possible when you are speaking with the Conservation Officer. This can include location, time, license plate number, vehicle make/model, as well as a description of the suspect. If it is safe to take a picture, that is extremely helpful as well.
4. After you have finished your report the Conservation Officer will ask you if you would like to be involved in the reporting incentives program. Your name will not be shared with anyone without your approval.
5. On the 1st of each month, the winner will be notified and will receive a gift card to a local restaurant in the mail.
Why are we encouraging citizens to use the RAPP Hotline?
It is the most effective way to report illegal dumpers and it works!