This volunteer shift has already taken place.
Join our team of citizen scientists who sample bi-weekly on Thursdays in False Creek. We will travel around False Creek via bicycle to three sites, Olympic Village, Brokers' Bay (Granville Island), and Vanier Park. Volunteers join our Vancouver Water Monitoring Coordinator, Katie Moore, in collecting recreational water quality samples and environmental data.
You can sign up for the full shift, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm, or sign up for individual shifts.
- 8:30 - 12:00, meet at Olympic Village, finish at Vanier Park.
- 8:30 - 9:30, meet at Olympic Village (bike locks next to Tap & Barrel)
- 9:45 - 10:45, meet at Granville Island (at our lab)
- 11:00 - 12:00, meet at Vanier Park (Heritage Harbour)
Here's what you will need
- Bike, bike lock & helmet (if you are travelling to multiple sites)
- Weather appropriate clothing & sunscreen
- Snacks & a full water bottle
- Interest in water quality
- Availability Thursday mornings
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
Do you have a question about volunteering? Contact Katie Moore, Vancouver Water Monitoring Coordinator, at [email protected]