Fraser Riverkeeper follows the Guidelines for Canadian Recreational Water Quality. The recommended threshold for bathing is: a geometric mean of 200 E coli/100mL and a single sample of 400 E coli/100 mL.
- A beach is marked Green in Swim Guide when geometric mean results are under 200 E.coli / 100 mL water and single sample results are below 400 E.coli/100mL.
- A beach is marked Red when the geometric mean results are equal to or above 200 E.coli / 100 mL water or single sample results are above 400 E.coli/100 mL.
- A beach is marked Grey when there are no current results or there is no available information.
- The geometric mean is calculated based on the 5 last samples within 30 days. We do not calculate a geometric mean during the winter months, as we sample bi-weekly rather than weekly.
- The single sample is the weekly sample result.