845 Avison Way, Vancouver, BC
Where is the best place to celebrate World Oceans Day? At the Vancouver Aquarium of course!
Come visit us at the Vancouver Aquarium on Saturday June 6th, 2015 from 10:00am - 5:00pm in the galleries as we celebrate our powerful waterways and the wildlife that call the ocean home.
Fraser Riverkeeper will be sharing information about our newly launched Wild Salmon Recipes website throughout the day. Do you have a favourite salmon recipe? Bring it with you and you could be featured on our new website!
We will also be celebrating our oceans by encouraging people to get out there and swim, paddle or splash. Stop by the table and tell us your favourite way to enjoy our waterways while you download the most important app for summer, Swim Guide.
In addition, there will be many other opportunities for you and your family to learn about some of the amazing work being done to conserve our oceans.
- Sustainable seafood cooking demonstration
- Exhibitors from the ocean conservation industry
- A passport activity to learn about Vancouver Aquarium conservation projects
- Marine life presentations by Vancouver Aquarium staff
- Special presentation of a waste-to-energy machine
- Appearances by Bee Bop the Beluga